Monday, April 29, 2013

Upcycled Jeans Purse

Made this for my out-of-country cousin who wanted my mom to buy her a denim purse from some online retailer for something like $50-75.  I looked at it and said, I can make that!  I had a pair of jeans in my closet for years that I have never worn.  Perfect opportunity now to cut it up!  I just cut off the legs and sewed up the bottom.  I created a little bit of a box pleat in the corners to give a little room inside.  I lined the inside and added zipper with cotton fabric I got on clearance at Stampin' Up! for $0.99 per box of 3 super fat quarters.  For the straps I used left over fabric and sewed with couple pieces of denim from the legs.  Overall this was a relatively simple project.  I'm sorry I don't have tutorial or links for you.  I took bits and pieces of information from different tutorials and made the rest up as I went along.  I did this in one evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...